Monday, December 6, 2010

Barely Conscious ... No Time To Post

I'm tired.

Very tired.

Funny thing as a parent ... just when you think you have experienced the ultimate fatigue or no-sleep night, you get hit with something even bigger, more sleep deprived or challenging.

I have no idea how parents with more than two kids ever sleep.  If one of my kids is asleep, the other is up, if one is healthy, the other is sick (and then shortly after the other one gets what the first one had), and if I need a good sleep desperately, everyone is up - it's just the way the cookie crumbles. More than two kids? Impossible.

We have been on a string of sleepless weeks for about a month for various reasons - teething, a case of being a super stubborn 1-year-old, fever, congestion, and the list goes on.  And it doesn't help that I just can't seem to get myself in bed early. I have the best intentions, but so enjoy a little time to myself or with my husband (hence why I'm typing this instead of napping when the little one naps and the big one is at school).

I'm just venting.

I hope you and/or your kids/family are sleeping well. Have a few zzz's  for me.

P.S. If I can rally enough energy this week, I have an exciting week of guest posts and prizes for next week! Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I just chant that 'this too shall pass..' It's got to at some point right? RIGHT!? We need to convince ourselves. I always give myself an amount of days when the hellishness should end, oh, in three days or so, things will settle down, well, months have gone by, my friend...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep is a hot commodity in my house these days too. Between teething, nightfrights, stuffed up baby noses and kids coughing, I feel like I am often awake every hour. And with the arrival of all this snow, I can hear the snowplowers shovel scraping on some of my neighbours driveways in the night. I hate those mornings when you wake up feeling as though you may have slept only an hour or two, and need to figure out how to find some patience to deal with the little ones all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheyenne:
    I hear you on the months. Right when you think nothing else could happen, it does. how many kidlings do you have? How are you coping with the cold? we just got our first dump of snow on Sunday.
    Jennie: deep breaths. we're all in it together. one day we'll look back rested and it will be a distant memory right? ready for #3?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, not decided yet on #3, it seems overwhelming right now. Although they say the adjustment from 1-2 is the biggest and after that the older ones just keep eachother busy and help out. I still have some time to decide? Are you ready to add a 3rd to your brood? A good friend of mine just had her 4th boy on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...