Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What To Do With Christmas Cards?

I love getting Christmas cards.

But it's the what to do with them after you open them so your house doesn't look like a card mess that always stumps me.

I'm looking for some creative and classy ways to display cards - got any? Maybe some pictures from inspirations or your own home?

Please???!!! Kids have just gone down to nap and it is my final push to get some sort of Christmas decor flow in my house (instead of just a Christmas burp in every corner).

My goal: mantle and a few vase thingies with pine cones and ornaments etc. I have stayed natural mostly with a hint of purple. Fingers crossed.

And please, some Christmas card display suggestions.

**Hint: I cut off all the front of my cards post-Christmas to save on gift tags the following year - just an idea for you when you're cleaning up in January :)

P.S. Stay tuned next week - lots of fun, informative posts coming up and maybe even a prize giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to use old cards as gift tags. I was thinking you could also use them (or parts of them) to complement a holiday scrapbook. I wonder if you could use them as a Christmas thank you card postcard style. I did see in Kicthen Stuff Plus a Christmas Card holder, and all filled up it looked really festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I staple all my christmas cards on strands of ribbon and hang them ceiling to floor, near my front door. They look festive and I get to look at them that way (as opposed to when they sat in a pile before)! You could use purple ribbon... Michael's has a sale right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like. The only down side would be that my front door is gated off by baby gates so i wouldn't get to see it very often. Hmmm... perhaps on either side of my bay window in my living room. Do you have a picture you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother in law cuts the cards into 2-3 inch strips adds a little ribbon on the top with a hole punch....and plastisizes(not sure if that is spelled correctly) them into bookmarks and sends in Christmas cards as a little gift (she writes a little wish on the back and adds her name)They are really cute and I love getting them each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: welcome.
    Wow, that is quite the idea. Very nice and something with a lot of thought and meaning to tuck inside gifts. Would love to see a picture of one. Re: the wish, is it a wish for you? a motivational statement? Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...