Friday, December 17, 2010

Random Thoughts From A Drug Store

So I'm wandering through Shopper's Drug Mart a couple of nights ago after a yoga class trying to do the mom thing and squeeze another to-do list item - stocking stuffers - into the busy schedule when I was baffled by some of the things I saw ...

Microwavable dinners for babies? I know we're all busy, but we need to draw a line somewhere don't we? ...


 Top coat nail polishes for $14 .... come on. There goes that idea out the door. Looks like I'll be chipped this holiday season. I'd rather five lattes ...


Spray on legs? Are you serious? I know we're all supposed to be self-conscious of our pale legs, but we need to learn to love ourselves a bit more. Embrace the pasty skin tone that is winter, slap on a pair of nude hose or better yet, slip into some opaque tights. Save some cash, embrace your realness ...

Electronic books designed to read our kids to sleep? Hmmmm ... I'm still not sold on electronic books altogether because I do still believe in the old fashion paper pages, but this which promotes an electronic device being in your child's bed and with him in his last precious moments before falling asleep. No way jose! We need to be there.

So there you have it, my trip to the drug store.

Enjoy your weekend. Happy Christmas and holiday prepping. You have until Sunday at 8 p.m. to enter into the draw. I will announce the winners on Monday. 

If you like the blog, show me! Simply click on the "subscribe to email" button on the top right-hand corner, click on "follow" button in right-hand column or email a post or this site to a friend and copy cashmereandcarrots@gmail.com - it's that easy! Need I say Sephora, Starbucks or prize giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I have definitely had the same thoughts with the graduates and the spray on legs. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have problems with all of the above mentioned items, especially the put-your-kid-to-sleep book. however, i love pharmacies. what is it about them that is so appealing? it's likely a vanity issue that i'd rather not explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I tried one of the graduates meals when Grace was going through a super picky stage to see if I would have any luck. She wouldn't touch it. I tried it, it was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie:, yeah, I don't love the taste of baby food so I'm wondering why they should right? Mind you why is it that both my boys will eat green beans from a jar .. but not the delicous fresh cooked stuff? Hopefully a transition in the future!
    Katrix: Yes, ahhh drugstores. The place where you can fill up a bag so easily and the price tag always floors me once all those $7.99 baby tylenols and diapers are rung in :) we all have vanity issues I think ... and the appeal of just one more lip gloss.

    Thanks everyone for your comments. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...