Thursday, December 16, 2010

GLITZY BLITZ Gift Ideas

It's the final countdown until Christmas and many of us are still desperately searching for that perfect gift ... or well simply a gift that will do.  I have happened across some neat stores and ideas this year and thought I would share, just in case you wanted some inspiration or ideas. These ideas may not be your thang, but it's my blog and I'm going to share them anyways ;)

For The Kids:

Cloud B Twilight Constellation Night Light
-Super cool night light available in two different shapes. Glows in the dark and puts out neat constellations up on the ceiling.  Available at Amazon or just google it for more details. Under $40. There are two under my tree.



Snowball and Ice Block makers
-I've seen these at Toys R' Us, Mastermind Toys and online. If the kids are old enough to play outside on their own or even with parents, fun little tools to help out with building and games. Under $20.



My son has gone crazy for these. The best part is that they have anything and everything - cowboys, knights, farm/jungle/sea animals, fairies, dinosaurs and more!  They are wonderful as they are durable, high quality and amazing for pretend play and creating imaginary and real world scenarios. Papo is another brand with similar figures. Figures are approximately $6-20 depending on the item and size.





I had forgotten about this idea but have received one from a friend years ago. Very sweet idea for loved ones but especially cool and practical for little people who are really into puzzles. what better puzzle than one that features you and your friends/family. Note: this is just one company I found on a quick google search but there are many many more out there http://www.jigsaw2order.com/.
Dress Up Clothes
Dress up clothes are so fun and really help little ones get into their imaginations. Whether it's a cape, princess dress, hat or doctor gear, this gift will be used and create memorable moments. Everyone needs a tickle trunk.  Costumes are available at most toy stores, but check out this group I discovered at the One of A Kind Show: http://www.dreampowercostumes.com/

Puppets
Another company I saw at the One of A Kind Show:
www.banjopuppets.com

Musical Instruments
Music is so important for kids and they love it. Even if you are not so musically inclined, a drum, some shakers or a kazoo even!

ADULTS

Perfect girlfriend or sister gift. Beautiful cotton, cute designs. Undies, jammies, dresses and more. I can't say who I bought for as they read this :) http://thecandifactory.com



Anything from perfume to peanut butter and jelly to jewellery to flowers. You name it there is a month club for it. Worth a look and great for people that live far away from you.http://www.club-offers.com/

Wine of the Month Club: Savor two bottles of wine from two different award-winning wineries worldwide each month when you join Wine of the Month.

Gourmet Cheese of the Month Club
Sample extraordinary cheeses from the finest traditional cheese manufacturers the world has to offer. 3 half-pound blocks of cheeses each month, Great for holiday or special occasion gift-giving, Free monthly newsletter with tasting notes

Kind of cheesy, but I got my brother who LOVES the Minnesota Vikings this personalized NFL scoreboard:

For the record, he is very hard to buy for so rather than get him a shirt for the 10th time in a row, I got him something he can hang up in his new place (he is a recent college grad). the Personalization Mall has ANYTHING and EVERYTHING personalized - classy to assy - check it out.

Anyways, this post is much too long as it is so I'm going to stop there.

Most of you are probably already done shopping but for those who are not, maybe this gave you an idea.

Happy Scouring the Malls!

P.S. If you haven't entered to win this week's Glitzy Blitz prizes, click here to learn more.




1 comment:

  1. Grace is all about the Little Einsteins this year and really wants instruments. She already has a drumset, but for Christmas she is getting a little keyboard, along with a cheesy recorder in her stocking that I hope will pass for a flute! She keeps telling me she really needs a French Horn. Not sure they make those for 3 year olds... I am so glad she is interested in music though! I am hoping to teach her piano myself once she gets a little bit older. I definitely need to checkout out the Personalization Mall. I am hoping to get some sort of pic for hubby of him "taking the bull by the horns" as seen in the movie Dodgeball. I would never stop laughing if I could pull it off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...