Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cozy, Feel Good Clothes **

**Repost

Do you ever have those days when you wake up (usually to a darkened morning and rain) and you just want to crawl into your sweatpants and comfy clothes. Luckily, as a stay-at-home Mom, I can do this if I feel like it.

Yesterday morning was one of those mornings. Usually I reach for a super cozy sweatsuit but this morning was extra special - I reached for my "heart" sweatshirt.

Now before your jaw gapes open and you start judging, hear me out ... this sweatshirt was my Mom's and she passed away seven and a half years ago. I specifically remember her wearing it in the 80s when I was growing up and we lived alone together - special times and wonderful memories.  For some reason, she held onto it (I guess it was one of her favorite rainy day shirts too) and I just couldn't part with it either. It resurfaced recently and I love throwing it on - instant all-day hug.

This shirt is definitely eye-catching, that is for sure ... and not the least bit flattering, but here's hoping you don't become so focused in your fashion aspirations that you overlook the necessity of a cozy, sentimental shirt like this.  And no, the InStyle book I referenced earlier this week, would definitely not approve.

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember that Weekenders clothing stuff? I think it was back from the 80's and I have one of my Great Grandma's ugly old pink kind of sweater things...and I love to pull it on over my nighty in the morning. So cozy-so ugly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...