Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Card Decor: My Final Decision

A couple of weeks ago I wrote to you with a dilemma of what to do with Christmas cards? I love getting them, I just never know what to do with them when they arrive so they don't take up various junky looking piles throughout my entire home.

Well, last Friday I was possessed by the Christmas Decorating Spirit (or something) because while the kids were napping I put a giant garland filled with all the trimmings across a giant bay window we have in our living room and I made a final decision on what to do with those damn cards. Voila:




This picture window opens to my front hall on one side and my kitchen eating area on the other.

It's not perfect, but I like it and it eliminates the clutter while allowing me to look at them.  And it was relatively easy - a couple of nails to hang from, some pieces of ribbon and a stapler.

Thank you to everyone who wrote in and shared their thoughts and traditions. Thank you to Elise/Anonymous for her idea of hanging the cards from ribbons. 

Stay tuned today for results of our Glitzy Blitz prize giveaways.

P.S. Happy Birthday Wendy!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Ladies! Bear with me on announcing last week's winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Mine are jammed together on the mantle Definitely need to fix this situation before hosting Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!

    Tracy, notice, no longer "anonymous" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ribbon inspiration. Glad to see you "elise".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...