Friday, November 19, 2010

Home Decor Done Really Right - Don't Miss This!

Last week hubby and I went to our friends' house for dinner ... you may remember the night I attempted The Torte.

These friends - Audrey & Scott - just bought a new home and completely gutted and renovated it during the past seven months.  For those of you who have experienced a renovation first hand, you know it's exhausting, costs can spiral out of control, paint colours never quite end up how you hoped, it's dusty and dirty, never ending and if you end up with something close to what you wanted and spent close to what you budgeted, you are in good shape. The actual decorating can take years, gradually working room by room until each space begins to feel like you.

Scott & Audrey's place ... forget years, it was decorated beyond belief.  Each room is breath taking and layered with complementary decor for a final and finished touch that is sophisticated, yet inviting and cozy. 

Audrey - definitely CDO (Chief Decorating Officer) of the house - seems to be armed with a natural gift for decorating and completing every little detail to the nth degree. I asked if there was any inspiration, perhaps a few magazine spreads from House & Home that she copied, but nope, she just went with what she liked!!??? If only I was so lucky.  I present to you, the pictures ....



Living Room
 
Living Room cont.

Amazing kitchen for entertaining
  
Dining Room with homemade harvest table


Upstairs "Cozy Room" I'll call it
 
Cozy Room cont.
 
Cozy Room cont.


My favorite (turquoise) nook in the house
Guest Room




Master (picture doesn't do it justice)
 
Seating area in Master

Some wall stuff

Very cool bamboo sinks
So are you with me? She's got a knack for home design doesn't she?
If you like something you see, have design questions, or wonder where specific pieces came from, drop me a line or leave a comment and I will happily get Audrey in on some discussions and answer your questions.

Oh and the company and food was wonderful too!

14 comments:

  1. OMG.

    It looks like a model home. Holy crap.

    Well done - I can't believe that it is totally completed like that. I feel like I'm years away from that level of 'doneness'.

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home. Gorgeous accents. She definitely has a knack for design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life Begins: I know you are always on the hunt for great accessories and pieces ... curious as to any details on anthing you saw? Maybe from the turquoise nook? Emily Jane - what about you? Want any of Audrey's secrets to success or top five stores for decor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask Audrey how she is able to make decisions. That is my problem - hence why it takes me a full year even to put a picture on the wall. Ugh.

    You should ask Audrey to do a guest post - I'd love to hear more details on each room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Every single room is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing house. I can't even think of having that level of 'doneness' in my house. Do they have kids? Everything is so gorgeous, I feel like either they would have to have a 'no touch' policy in many rooms and/or have a kickass playroom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that looks just like my house! Um, yeah, riiiiiiiiight...

    Absoutely stunning home. I would never even want to go on vacation if my house looked like that. I wouldn't want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya ladies.
    To answer your questions, no kids yet. I think some new strategic locations for vases etc. will have to happen when the kids arrive :) I will ask Audrey if she can answer some of our questions - stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From: Who's Your Daddy's Daddy

    Don't let his mother see this or she will want the same thing in our house.

    Great Job Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummm, putting the big screen tv's over the fireplaces was my idea............as far as I am concerned, it ties EVERYTHING together. Everything!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  11. For our family Christmas exchange this year- I got Audrey - When I asked what can I get her someone suggested something for her new house. Needless to say after seeing these pictures - I would never attempt to interfere with what she has going here.... So..do I buy her something to wear???? Oh I had to pick Audrey -the girl who has it all !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ginnie: Welcome. Yes, you definitely have a tough one for the gift exchange. I wouldn't buy her clothes unless she has specifically mentioned something. As for other ideas? Perhaps a book for reading while they travel? A nice hard cover on home design - one that covers all different types of styles or one that looks more like her style geared towards those who are professional or with a flare (instead of just basic). A magazine subscription (Scott would know if she reads anything), nice white serving pieces in different shapes (i.e. baguette, long rectangle, etc), two really nice wine glasses, wine making certificate, guitar or golf lessons (ha ha), if she has a favorite scent, you could go with some high end candles or bath stuff - l'occitane is beautiful and comes in really amazing packaging as well. Not sure I've been much help. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who's your Daddy & Who's Your Daddy's Daddy: (LOL)
    Welcome. thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm Audrey's dad, and now you all can see how nervous she must be when I stay there with them.

    Yet she keeps inviting me back ....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...