Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tiffany & Co.

The name speaks for itself.

When the word "Tiffany's" is whispered, there's a certain shiver that goes up a female's spine.  If not a shiver, a memory, an image of Audrey Hepburn, a thought of something sparkly.
Source
I'm not a jewellery-focused female, but still, the words "Tiffany & Co." are special.

I was touched earlier this year when my thoughtful husband christened me with my first turquoise Tiffany box(es), and the beautiful earrings and bracelet that was enveloped within.  I felt like I was an official member of Club Tiffany.
http://www.tiffany.com/

While in NYC, I accompanied my girlfriend into THE Tiffany's on Fifth Avenue.  Multiple floors of loveliness, the pulsing of estrogen in every square foot and bling everywhere.  After a few glances around, we face reality and headed for the "sterling silver" floor.
Source

My friend treated herself to a beautiful pair of mid-sized bead earrings and later texted her husband,

"Dear Sweetheart:  FYI- I have officially begun my Tiffany & Co. collection.  Feel free to add to it whenever you like."

I myself did not make a purchase, maybe next time (haven't had a salary let alone an increase in a few years). I did however, thoroughly enjoy seeing and experiencing the always referred-to jewellery mecca.

Yours in turquoise,

3 comments:

  1. thanks. I'm working on the post titles and links as I know they are hard to read. Bear with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before Tiff's it was Birks> same blue box..same feeling err...On our 5th anniversary a blue box arrived...lovely silver bud vase from my Mum and Dad! Now the anticipated box is gold from Ashley's.As a visual merchandiser I know it's the wrapping that incites the anticipation...Ho Ho HO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...