Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Taste Buds' Weekend Report Part II

Sunday night brought an evening of entertaining, complete with kids.  Been trying to get together with a couple for ages, but nothing was working so we decided to meet at our house with all family members, hire two babysitters to watch the (five) kids, and attempt to have a mature, adult-only event in a separate room.  I must say, it worked.  Because this is a "Taste Buds' Report", I will not digress, onto the menu:

Mixed Greens Salad with Pear, Walnut & Goat Cheese

Fennel Risotto with Ricotta and Dried Chili

Jamie Oliver's Cheeky Chocolate Mousse

And before everyone starts thinking I cook all of the time because I have been talking so much about my culinary happenings in the past couple of weeks, let me explain. I tend to go in spurts. I will cook my brains out for a couple of weeks, trying a bunch of new recipes and then take six weeks off preparing nothing more exciting than spaghetti or gasp! Kraft Dinner.

Take care and try something new this week ... even if it's on a menu!

LadySmith

2 comments:

  1. You had me at goat cheese. All of those items look delish. Post some more recipes! The pictures are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to talk goat cheese. This variety was from Longos and is blueberry cinnamon - to die for! FYI - both the risotto and mousse are jamie oliver and are two of my absolute favs! mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...