Friday, November 5, 2010

To Do Today: Run Around Like A Chicken ...

Today I have quite the challenge in front of me and will be undoubtedly running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I have all of the usual stuff to do - existing with two kids, naps, dishwasher, meals, nursery school drop offs and pick ups, etc. plus ...
  • attempting to make a fancy dessert I have never tried before for a dinner party with friends, complete with pastry and something that needs to be cooked for three hours?!?  Why do I do this to myself. I could have just bought something! Here's hoping Jamie Oliver pulls through again.
  • 
    Jamie Oliver's Apple Toffee Torte (Source)
    
  • grocery shop
  • play date with friends I haven't seen since high school (yeah, no pressure)
  • prepping house, spare room, kids and notes for kind family member who is watching the kids while we go out
  • get dinner ready for kids
  • oh yes, and let's not forget get me ready - must schedule this or it won't happen and I'll walk out of the house, with, well, have you seen the clothes featured in this post
Anyways, you get the idea. Busy day. I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Lots going on this weekend too - cooking, entertaining, playing, shopping ...

Let me know what you want to hear about - the food (more Jamie of course)? the activities? the fashion? the table decor? how the kids behaved while we were gone? or all the juicy stuff?  If you write me a note, I'll set some good posts up for next week.

Have a wonderful weekend. Perhaps one of our last here in Ontario without snow?  I don't care, it doesn't scare me ... especially now that I have my coat!

LadySmith

4 comments:

  1. Do you love the coat as much as you did when you first saw her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life Begins: I love the coat. It looks great and fits with my lifestyle perfectly. Could I have lived without it and saved some energy fantasizing about it? yes. will I get lots of use out of it? Yes. do I regret getting it? No.
    will post picture soon. Thanks for asking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let us know if the dessert was worth the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie:
    I will give a full dessert/weekend update early next week. The dessert did work out, I was told it was delicious. It was a bit too sweet for me, but I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...