Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Heart Porter Airlines

It's not often that you return home from a trip without some frustration/complaint/annoyance with your airline. Perhaps your flight was late? Missing or damaged bags? Rude stewardesses? Lack of accommodation? Freaking brutal cost of food (whatever happened to that infamous airplane food? Could they have taken all of our complaining to heart?)? Increase in incidental fees? (so a $500 ticket does not include being allowed to check a bag free-of-charge?).

After flying Porter Airlines out of the Toronto island airport for my first time this past weekend, I can honestly say- no regrets! No complaints, no extra fees and no hassles.

I have never had such a nice travel experience (and I have travelled quite a bit). Need I say complimentary (and unlimited) lattes and biscotti while waiting for your flight? Not to mention juice, water, cookies, leather chairs, work stations, no lines, friendly employees, no problem switching to an earlier flight, smiles and a beautiful view of the Toronto skyline while you wait too. Oh and you only have to be there sixty minutes ahead of time for a US flight? I practically felt like I was flying in a private jet.



In the future whenever possible I will definitely be choosing Porter whenever I can. If you are from Toronto and planning a trip, do yourselves a favor and introduce yourselves to Porter! (remember, lattes and biscotti).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I flew Porter for the first time last weekend (to Ottawa)and it was great! I've only gone there by car/bus and this was definitely an upgrade :) The flight isn't even an hour and they served a meal and a drink (alcohol included!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily-Jane: I know it's amazing isn't it. How can this airline do everything so right and all the rest have it soooo wrong.
    Next time I'm definitely ordering my complimentary wine. thanks for reading. glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...