Thursday, November 18, 2010

If You Have Boys ... A Book For You

Preference in reading material is very personal and unique to each individual, especially parenting books. Each parent has a different set of values, opinions on the right way to raise children, personal experience to draw from and style.  That being said, I'm going to go ahead and recommend one anyways ...

"Boys Should Be Boys: 7 Secrets to Raising Healthy Sons" by Meg Meeker, M.D., is an easy read, paper back that I picked up over the holidays last year for my husband.
Source

I don't know what it is, I either totally click with a parenting book, or turn my nose up in the air and abort my mission before the first chapter's over.  This book, I like. It's easy to read, easy to understand, and most importantly, talks to a lot of concerns I have - the push to register, register, register into teams and groups and clubs, overuse of television and electronics, the inappropriate depiction of females and relationships (and sex!) in the media and everywhere you look, the importance of strong role models, necessity of values and morals and ... I'll get off my soap box now.

Anyhoo, if you like to read the odd parenting book and are tired of reading Today's Parent, this may be the book for you.  Or if you have family members blessed with beautiful boy children, perhaps a  good present for the holidays.

The author, Dr. Meg Meeker, also has other books (that I have not read, but that seem to be interesting titles and may look into for Christmas):



If you have any must-read parenting books, would love to hear about them - please leave a comment. Another one of mine - The Baby Whisperer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...