Monday, November 29, 2010

Snow Tires or Bedroom Makeover?

If there's one $500+ purchase that I don't like forking cash out for, it's snow tires (laugh all you want you southern climaters).


I mean I shouldn't, they're potentially life-saving, fear-avoiding and will make a difference when the white stuff finally takes up residence here in Ontario.

I don't mind the snow itself ... I don't particularly enjoy dressing toddlers for it and the time it takes,  but it's paying $700 for snow tires when I'd rather be directing those funds towards transforming my bedroom into a romantic oasis or outfitting myself with something sparkly for the holidays ... or Christmas bills.

Regardless of how I feel, the snow tires were put on this weekend, the charge put on my visa to be paid off this week and I look forward to fewer white knuckles this winter season.

Here's to your safe driving this winter!

3 comments:

  1. Hahha I was debating the exact same thing! Although I have never used snow tires in my life, so I think that I might be used to driving without...?

    Not that it matters, as you can probably see from my last Flashback Friday post people like to run into me, not the other way around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks on the design and thanks for sending me Design Girl's info.
    Although I hate to spend the money, I have gotten snow tires once on my honda civic and it made a HUGE difference. I could go through completely unplowed streets like I was an SUV:) Not sure how south you live in Ontario though - if in the city, may not be worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...