Thursday, November 11, 2010

First Trip Away From My Boys

I leave this morning to go on my first trip without all three of my boys.

I am excited, but sad to leave them too.
How often I say, "I need a break" or yearn to sleep in until my body chooses and now the opportunity has arrived and hesitation? apprehension? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to have a blast, but when you're used to having two little ones within twenty feet of you twenty-four hours-a-day, it is a bit of a shock to the system when you are on your own. All alone with none of your usual tag alongs.

Source
I guess it's NYC here I come. Girls' weekend with my friend J. - a roommate from university whom I have stayed close to throughout the years. Never been to THE CITY before so don't quite know what to expect, but that's always the best way right?

May or may not post tomorrow.  If I do not, check this post out and just do yourselves a favour and watch it, would you please? I would not lie about this.

This post is dedicated to all the Mom's who are not on a girls' trip this weekend.  I'll enjoy my sleep, my lattes, sight seeing, lone bathroom trips and shopping for you!

LadySmith

P.S. Hubby: Reminder: No more than two hours of television a day!

P.P.S. For those of you reading that think two hours of television a day is too much, there's not much else an adult mind can take at 5:30 a.m. with two kids in tow. Most of our time is racked up before breakfast, not throughout the day ... until dinner preparation arrives :)

2 comments:

  1. I am too jealous to think of a real comment. ENJOY! (and sleep in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time--there are those of us who are waiting to hear about it--I'll be living it up vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...